Saturday, April 7, 2018

Working With God: Daily Devotions for the Easter Season - April 7, 2018


Working with God
Acts 5:17-42
Key Verse: “If they are planning and doing these things merely on their own, it will soon be overthrown. But if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God! 5:39 (5:38b-39 NIV) ”

There are many good things we can do as we work to do the will of God in this world. There are many good things that should be done, but that does not mean that we can do them all or that we are called to do them. There are things should be done, and things we want to do, but that does not mean that are called to do them. The advice here, works on many levels. If it is what God is calling you to do, do it, and you will not be overthrown in doing it. Do it, knowing God is with you in your work. But if God is not calling you to do it, no matter how good it might be, or how much it needs to be done, you will be doing it on your own and the chances are that on your own you will find that the thing can't be done. Everything we set out to do for God is to be bathed in prayer, seeking discernment and God's guidance. In this way you will know you are working with God in the works and ministries you are doing in God's name.

Prayer:
God I know you are always calling your people to work in this world to draw people unto yourself. There are so many things that can be done, so many things that should be done. Help me to see which are the ones you are calling me to do. Guide me in the ways I should go, so that in all I do, I know I am working with you and not against you in the things I set out to accomplish. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment