Friday, April 6, 2018

Lying to God: Daily Devotions for the Easter Season - April 5, 2018


Lying to God
Acts 5:1-11 
Key Verse: Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.(5:4 NIV)”

We would never lie to God! Not like these two did! But we do. At times we find it hard to trust God, at times we questions, at times we doubt, but we would never tell God this. When we are reading our Bible or praying or at Church we act as if we would never. But we do. There is some part of our life we can not completely entrust to God but we pretend we trust. God with all things. There is one thing that nags at our faith but we ignore it. To do so would admit weakness in our faith. But in fact not bringing these things to God is not only lying to ourselves, but it is an attempt to lie to God. When we do this our faith suffers. We need to be honest with God in all things, we can not hide our anger, our doubts, our questions our fear, the darkest parts of our lives from God. Look deep within yourself, what are you trying to keep hidden from God, take it out, bring it to God, your faith will grow simply by doing so.

Prayer:
Lord, sometimes I am angry with you, I have doubts, my faith waivers. Sometimes I try to hide parts of who I am from you. Help me to see that I can not lie to you in this way. It is my desire to be honest with you in all things, to open my whole life to you, all my thoughts, my fears, and my doubts. I do not want to keep anything from you. Help me to always remember to trust you with even the most secrets parts of me and never try to keep them hidden. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment