Friday, April 6, 2018

Called to Gather: Daily Devotions for the Easter Season - April 6, 2018


Called to Gather
Acts 5:12-16 
Key Verse: “The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. (5:12NIV)

Meeting together has always been an important part of what it means to believe in Jesus. Sometimes it is easy to come to believe that as long as I have a relationship with Jesus, as long as I pray, as long as I read my Bible, that is all that matters. Most of us tend to be strong independent people and we can come to think that we can do this alone. Jesus never called anyone by themselves by themselves. While on this earth, when Jesus called disciples, he formed the first gathering of believers, he called them to walk together with him as he was here on this earth. The same is true with the early believers, they gathered regularly together, on the Sabbath and often throughout the week. It has always been an important part of our Christian faith for us to gather together, to support, to teach , to pray for one another. It has always been important for us to grow together in our relationships with other Christians for our relationship with Christ to also grow. When Jesus calls us to follow him, to be Christians is is calling us to be the Church.

Prayer:
Lord, help me to not feel as if I need to do this alone. I need other Christians around me and that they need me too. Help me to trust the people in my Church , to lean on them when I am weak, and come to them when I am hurting. Teach me to be a person people in my church can come to, for help, support and comfort. Show me how I can be an active and vital member of your Church. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment