Friday, April 27, 2018

Direction of the Spirit: Daily Devotions for the Easter Season - April 27, 2018


Direction of the Spirit
Acts 16:6-10
Key Verse: “Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. (Acts 16:6 NIV)”

Sometimes when I come to the stop light at the end of my street it directs me to “go.” Sometimes its instruction is to, “stop.” Still other times it tells me to slow down. We are never surprised by this. Yet, when the Spirit does the same thing, we have a harder time understanding or feel is arbitrary. At times the Spirit prompts us forward, or encourages us to stay where we are. There are times when , the Spirit tell us to, “go slow, be careful.” But at different times the message is very different. This is not mixed messages, nor should it be puzzling to us. Each time we come to the end of the street depending on what is going on in front of me I am told to go or stop, or slow down. The guidance of Spirit is much smarter and more intuitive than the light. It will show us the way to go, which direction in which we are to travel. The Spirit will guide and teach, instruct and encourage and show us the path down which to travel. Listening to the voice of the Spirit is vital to our life in Christ.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus. Help me to listen to the guidance of the Spirit. Help me to trust the guidance, instruction and encouragement I receive. Hearing and understanding the Spirit may not always seem easy or make sense to me. But teach me to see how the Spirit is directing me, to feel the Spirit's guidance and hear the Spirit's voice, so that I may never blunder forward into on coming traffic. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment