Friday, May 22, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 9


Psalm 9:1-20

Key Verses: 9:1-2

“I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will talk about all your wonderful acts. I will celebrate and rejoice in you; I will sing praises to your name, Most High.” CEB

Being thankful is something we usually think about, around thanksgiving, but it is not an activity which should regulate to the month of November. Being thankful is a year round activity. God is the originator of all good things and the creator of all things. As Christians being thankful to God for the good things with which we are surrounded is a part of what it means to love God. Each day brings its own joys, its own beauty, its own blessings. Each day we should be conscious of this. We should take time to thank God for the joys in our lives, as well as the small pleasures we run across throughout the course of our days, thank God for them as they come our way. When we take time to pay attention to the joy, the beauty, the small blessings which fill our days and give thanks to God for them, even our hardest days, and our most difficult seasons, we will see God fills our lives with so much goodness. Recognizing this goodness, acknowledging these blessings and being thankful to the God who provides them, will not make the hardships we face any easier, but it will make these times more bearable as we become away that the difficulty, the pain and the darkness are not the only things filling our lives.

 

Thing to Think on

Be aware today, pay attention. Notice the small joys, and the little blessings that fill your day.

When you notice something good, something beautiful, something the brings your joy, makes you laugh, or even just brings a smile to your face, take a moment and thank God.

Make this a habit, so that when are find yourself in difficult times you will be more apt to notice the beauty, even in the darkness.

 

A Prayer for Today

Thank you, Lord, for waking me up this morning. Thank you for giving me another day to live in your love, experience your mercy and to walk in your grace. Thank you for all the ways you fill my life with goodness. Thank you for birds that sing, for friends and family who love and care for me. Thank you for a home in which to live and food for each meal. Thank you for continually filling my life with good things. Help me pay attention, help me to be aware how truly blessed I am and many ways you fill my life with your goodness. -Amen

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment