Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 7


Psalm 7:1-17

Key Verses: 2:3

“O Lord my God, if I have done this, if there is wrong in my hands,” ESV 

Here in this psalm, the psalmist is willing to admit he might be in the wrong and is willing to be held accountable for what he has done wrong. It is hard to admit we might be wrong. It is even more so when we believe that we are in the right or have failed in any way. As people who follow God and who seek to follow Christ’s example of righteousness and and humility in our own lives, part of being righteous and humble is being able to admit that it is possible that we are in the wrong. We must see that there are times that even as it is our desire to do right in all things that sometimes we fail, sometimes we do not fully reflect the character of Jesus Christ in our own lives. We are not always aware of these failing. We may have strived to do right by others, but even with our good intentions, we have hurt someone else or done wrong by them in some way. Even when we do not see what we have done as hurtful or wrong, we, in our striving to be like Christ in all ways, should apologize and work to make things right.

 

Thing to Think on

Is it hard for you to admit when you are wrong?

Are you willing to take on the consequences of your doing wrong, even when you do not believe you have done so?

What would it look like for you to seek to make something right for someone who believe you have wronged them today?

 

 

A Prayer for Today

I try hard to be the person you are calling me to be. I want to reflect the righteousness of Jesus in my own life. I want to do what is right. Lord, help me to admit that even in my striving, even in my desire for what is right, I may sometimes fail. Help me to do better. Teach me to be better. And Lord, help me to humbly admit my failings to you and to those I may have wronged. Help me to make right the things I have done wrong and work to make restitution to those I have wronged. - Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment