Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 9 (again)


I realized after I wrote this that I had done Psalm 9 on Friday, and failed to move to a different Psalm today. Since God is always speaking through scripture and each Psalm can teach us many truths about God, this is a completely different devotional on the same Psalm. God is good and is continually revealing God's self to us in new and amazing ways. - Blessings 


Psalm 9:1-20

Key Verses: 9:8-9

“The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.” NLT

          God is a shelter to those who society is actively working against. God is a home for anyone who is ridiculed and abandoned by the world around them, by those who should be striving to make things right in the midst of a world that seems to only know what is wrong. God is our refuge in times of trouble. Even, especially when everything is falling apart, the world around us seems too crazy, too scary, or just simply too much for us to bear. God is a stronghold in the middle of the chaos, a safe place in the middle of the storm. Even when no one else will seek to make right the wrongs, God is working to do so.

God is there for all of us who are seeking God. God will not fail us. God will not walk away from us. God will not leave us to figure things out on our own. God is there. Although the storm may rage, all though life will be difficult and we are sure we will lose our way, God will be our safe place. We can count on and rely on God in all thing and to help us make it through all things. So when everything seems to be too much, know you are not left alone, you do not have to make it through on your own. God is with you, God has not left you. God is the shelter and the refuge you need right now.

Thing to Think on

Does it give you comfort that God judges with justice and fairness, even when our system does not?

What does it mean for you to know that God is a shelter for those who are oppressed?

Do you find refuge in God when you are struggling?

In what ways do you feel you need to know God’s mercy in your life?

Do you feel as if you are being judged with justice and fairness right now?

Can you find ways to praise God in the midst of whatever struggles you are facing today?

 

 

A Prayer for Today

Lord, you are a good God. You are there for those who need you most and I know you are here for me as well. Lord, the chaos which surrounds me sometimes feels too much to bear. The struggles I am going through are too difficult. All I see before me is darkness and hardship. Show me your shelter. Let me know in what ways you are my refuge. Let me see you there with me in the midst of the storm, a safe place where I can rest and find new strength. Thank you for being here. Thank you for caring for me and taking care of me. I am thankful for all the ways you bring your mercy, your justice, your righteous and goodness into this world and into my life.  - Amen

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment