Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 11


Psalm 11:1-7

Key Verses: 11:1

“I have taken refuge in the Lord. So how can you say to me, ‘Flee to the hills like a bird.’” CEB

When David was in danger, fleeing to hide among the hills was a logical thing to do. And although there were times when he did flee to the mountains, but there were other times when God had him stand his ground and face those who opposed him head on. At these times, I am sure there were those around him who would advise him to flee, who did not see the logic in his actions.

When we trust God; when we find our strength in God there will be people who will believe we have misplaced out trust. They will offer good, and often logical advice on what we can, or should do instead. But when we have already turned to God, when we have already seen the way God is calling for us to go, to then instead choose another path, to proceed with another course of action would then be placing our trust in someone other than God. It would be turning away from God. This does not mean that God’s wisdom does not at times say “flee to the hills” but when it does not we should trust God.

 

Thing to Think on

What does trusting God in the face of what those around you say, look like to you right now?

What does it look like to you to find refuge in God?

It says God sees, examines all of humanity. What does it mean to you to know God sees and examines us all? Does it give you comfort to know God sees all the injustice or does it bring your discomfort to know God sees all of you?

What does it mean for you to live in such a way that your life if full of righteous deeds? How would God have you live righteously today?

 

A Prayer for Today

Lord, I trust in you. Sometimes the world around me seems to want to fill me with fear and worry. You tell me to not be afraid. Help me to lean on you, to find refuge and strength in you instead of turning to worry and fear. Help me to live out your righteousness in my life each and every day, so that I, too can someday see your face. - Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment