Thursday, April 30, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 33



Psalm 33:1-22
Key Verses: 33:20-22
“We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. Our heart rejoices in God because we trust his holy name. Lord, let your faithful love surround us because we wait for you.” CEV
We are surrounded by God’s love, which will never abandon us or fail us. God is with us, working to redeem the worst places in our lives. When we trust in the Lord, we often times must wait for the Lord. We live in a time when we expect everything to come quickly, if not immediately. Even Amazon does same day delivery now. With God, we cannot expect everything to come right now. God’s faithfulness takes time to work itself out in our lives. God is faithful to make all things right, but somethings take time to work out. But even as we wait we can trust that God is at work, that God is always faithful and is even now our help and our shield. We can rejoice in God’s goodness in all things.  
Thing to Think on
In what ways has God been able to change bad things which have happened in your past to bring about good? (this is redemption at work in your life)
Are there things in your life which have not yet been redeemed?
Can you trust that even now God is at work to make good come out of all the bad in your life?
How can you give praise to God right now?


A Prayer for Today
Lord you are worthy of all praise and honor. I know I can trust you to make all things right. I know you work for good in this world. I know you are a good God and trust that you are at work in all things. Help me to trust you to bring good to my todays, my tomorrows, as well as my yesterdays.  Help me to continue to rely on you as I continue to wait for you to work. - Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment