Friday, April 3, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 3


Psalm 3:1-8
Key Verses: 3:5-6
“I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me. I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side.” NLT
Right now we have ten thousand microscopic enemies which are threatening to come against us each day. We are surrounded on all sides. The numbers of those infected go up daily, but God is our shield. When we say, “Come save us, Lord, God!” We can know God hears us. God is watching. We can rest knowing God is here. We worship the God who is with us. With us as we rest, with us in our homes, with us when we are anxious or afraid. We have many thousand enemies surrounding us, but God has given us a way to remain safe, a way to slow the spread of our enemies. The experts say, Stay home stay safe. And we can know that we can rest in our homes and wake up in safety there. Stay home, stay safe, rest knowing God is there with us even in the midst of our current enemies.  

Thing to Think on
Although this virus is an enemy right now, are there other enemies in your life right now?
Do you feel overwhelmed and surrounded? Do you feel unsafe?
Take time again today, to tell God, how you feel unsafe. Call out to God to save you from what makes you anxious or afraid.
Then rest knowing God is with you wherever you are and protects you from the enemy which surrounds you.


A Prayer for Today
Lord, right now I feel surrounded. It feels as if no place is safe. Save us! Rescue me! Help! I need to remember how to trust that you are here, with us now, with me. I am not alone. We are not alone. Help me to know that you are with me, with us in and through everything that is going on. Lord, trusting is hard. Help me to trust. – Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment