Monday, April 20, 2020

Mana for Today: Psalm 18



Psalm 18:1-50
Key Verses: 18:31-33
“You alone are God! Only you are a mighty rock. You give me strength and guide me right. You make my feet run as fast as those of a deer, and you help me stand on the mountains.” CEV

When the world around us feels out of control; when our weakness is highlighted by the goings on around us, it is good to remember God gives us strength. God is strong and gives us the strength the make it through. God is a stable rock in the midst of an unsteady world. When it seems the whole earth is quaking, that the foundations of our society of our world are about to crumble and fall, God alone is God and is a steady rock on which we can rely. When all else is shifting sand. God is firm. God is guide through it all. We can rely on God and trust in God when there is nothing else to rely on. When everything around us is changing faster than we can keep track, God will not change. God’s strength is our strength and when the way forward is unclear and the path is a maze, God will guide us and help us through. 

Thing to Think on
At one point the Psalmist writes that to the crooked God seems torturous. In what ways are the hard things which have happened in your life are a because of your own actions or choices?
What does it mean for God to pursue your enemies? What would God’s justice look like in your life?
In what ways has God been your rock? Your shield? Your guide?
When life has gotten rough how has God been there for you?


A Prayer for Today
Lord, the world around me is frightening, there is so much which makes me uncertain or nervous. Help me to look to you to for stability. Help me to rely on you to guide me through. Even when the world is scary you are a comfort. You are God, and in you alone will I put my trust. Help me to give you praise in all things at all times, knowing you are always there and will continue to good in all things. – Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment