Thursday, May 3, 2018

Ready to Share: Daily Devotions for the Easter Season - May 3, 2018


Ready to Share
Acts 21:37-22:16 
Key Verse: Paul answered, “I am a Jew, from Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no ordinary city. Please let me speak to the people. (Acts 21:39 NIV)”

Paul was willing and ready to share his testimony at anytime. As believers in Jesus Christ we should always be ready to share how Jesus has transformed our lives. God is always at work in our lives, doing miraculous things and blessing us in our day to day lives. We, like Paul, should be ready, willing to share with those around us about the ways God has blessed our lives. We, like Paul, should be observant and see when the opportunity when is occurs and seize the moment when someone is ready to hear what we have to say. Being ready to share and vigilant to notice when there is an opportune time to speak, are two things all Christians should always be doing. Part of being ready is knowing what to say. In what ways has God worked miraculously in your life in the past? In what ways has God blessed you recently? Think about how you would explain these works of God to someone who is not a Christian. Think about someone in your life who might benefit from knowing how God has been working in your life and pray for an opportunity to share this with them.

Prayer:
God, you are amazing. You have radically changed my life. Daily you bring good and wonderful things into my life. Help me to see how you are at work. There are people all around me who need to hear about how you are at work, transforming and changing me. Help me to know what to say to them and when to say it. Help me to always be looking for opportunities and be ready to speak into those moments. Help me to always be ready to share about you with others in my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment