Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Do it Without Grumbling: Daily Devotions for the Easter Season - May 8th, 2018


Do it without Grumbling
Philippians 2:14-30
Key Verse: “Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, ‘children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.’ Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky (Acts 2:14-15 NIV)

Wow! Now that is hard! i do it, my kids do it, I think we all do it. We grumble and complain when there is a task at hand. There are so many annoying, mundane, dull tasks that have to be done Even if we do not actually grumble out loud, many of us grumble to ourselves. I do it every time I have to fold a load of laundry. It is so easy to grumble for grumglings’ sake. We complain, just little, about doing things we don’t really want to do. Paul tell us that if we are to be the children of God, God is calling us to be we need to curtail our grumbling. After all what good is it doing anyway? The laundry still needs to be folded whether we grumble about it or not. There are probably better more productive things we can waste, I mean spend, our time and energy doing instead of grumbling. So instead of whining and complaining, even if just to ourselves, we can just do the task at hand and be closer to being the holy people of God, we are called to be.

Prayer:
Oh, Lord, there are so many things I would rather not have to do. Whining, complaining, grumbling about doing them, is an easy habit to fall into. Teach me to just pick up the task at hand and just do it and not waste time or my energy grumbling about it. Help me to set about the work I have to do with a joyful heart and rejoice in their completion instead of complaining about having to do them. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment