Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Living in Relationship: Daily Devotions for the Easter Season - May 9, 2018


 Living in Relationship 
Acts 3:1-11 
Key Verse:  “If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: (Acts 3:4b NIV)”

Paul did everything right. He had all his religious boxed checked all his moral I’s dotted and character T’s crossed. If it was something that was expected of a deeply religious person of his day, he did it. And he took pride in doing it right. It is easy to turn our Christian life into a “to do list”, a series of goals to be obtained; devotions – check; prayer time – done. As if living life as Christ is calling us to live is something we can be proud of accomplishing, like being a good piano player or having read Moby Dick from cover to cover. What we are doing as Christians is living in relationship with God of the universe; a relationship built on love not having done certain things. And like all relationships simply by being in the relationship we are transformed by the experience, not out of obligation or in an attempt accomplish something but because living in relationship changes who we are. Paul reminds us here that we are living in a relationship with the God of universe, not merely living up to a “to do list”.

Prayer:
         Lord, God help me to be live in relationship with you, a relationship that changes who I am bit, by bit as continue to live in it. Help me to never see life in Christ as a to do list to get done, or accomplishments of which I can be proud. Being the person I am when I am in relationship with you, is not something I can call my own, to laud like a skill I have gained. Help me to simply live in love with you and loved by you and allow that love to transform me daily. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment