Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Manna for Today: Psalm 70



Psalm 70:1-8

Key Verse: 1

“Save me, Lord God! Hurry and help.” CEV

Does it sometimes seem to you as if God is not enough in a hurry when it comes to helping when you are in need or hearing when you call out? God never seems to move as quickly as we would like. Often times God does not even do the things we wish for God to do. God does what is best, what is right. Even so, is God listening to what we are saying; to what it is we tell God we need? And why is God so slow? But, God does move. God does hear. God is at work doing what is best, what is right, seeking to bring salvation and redemption.

Even in our distress, even as we are lacking, even as we are in need, we can say, Our God is wonderful. God is at work, even when we cannot see God at work. God is good, most especially when our lives seem to be awash in evil. Our God is love even when we are about to drown in the hatred. God is the light in the darkness. God is the raft in the sea of pain, which holds us and carries us to the shore. God is wonderful and good in all things at all times. We can trust and rely on God. Always.

Things to Think on

In what ways does God seem to be working too slow in your life?

Are there things you know God is doing, or will do which you wish God would hurry up in doing?

Tell God exactly in what ways you would like God to “hurry up”.  (The psalmist does, we all should feel free to do so as well)

In what ways do you see and know the wonder of God? In what ways can you say, “God is wonderful” today?

 

A Prayer for Today

God when you say you are slow to anger, sometimes I think it is that you are just slow. You are not fast enough for me. But, then I run ahead. I go on past you. I am in a hurry, but I do not always know where we are going, or the way to get there. When I am ahead of you, I run the risk of going the wrong way, becoming lost. When I am ahead of you, I am not following you. I am not waking in your way, going along your path. I know I want you to hurry up. I but even as I am impatient help me to slow down. Help me to see you at work, to see your wonder and say, “you are wonderful.” And know it. Help me to be patient, to wait on you, to follow and lay down my desire to lead, to set the pace. Help me to follow, to wait. To be a disciple.  – Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment