Saturday, March 21, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 40


Psalm 40:1-17
Key Verses: 40:20 NRSV
“I have not hidden your saving help within my heart, I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation.”

The ways God helps us, the ways God shapes us and forms us, we often times keep these things to ourselves. Here the Psalmist gladly proclaims that he does not hide these things in his heart. Instead he proclaims God’s faithfulness, God’s salvation, and God’s steadfast love to everyone.  Sharing with others about how God is working in us is a way to bring glory to God and to encourage others who also might be looking for God to work in their lives or who are struggling in the same ways we are. Let us be open with one another about the ways God is forming us.

Things to Think on
In what ways has god helped you this week?
How is God shaping you and forming you in love?
How have you seem God’s love at work this week?
When was the last time you shared with others about these sorts of things?
Take time today to share with those around you about how God is at work in your life.

A Prayer for Today
Lord, God sometimes I want to be like Mary and hold things about you in my heart, treasure them and keep them for myself. Help me to be abe to share with others about how you are helping me, teaching me, and shaping me. Help me to listen to others when they share these things with me. Help me to bring glory to your Name be an encouragement to others. - Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment