Monday, March 23, 2020

Manna For Today: Psalm 22


Psalm 22:1-31
Key Verse: 22:11
“Do not stay so far from me, for trouble is near, and no one else can help me.”

All of us feel alone, abandoned by everyone. There are times it seems to us that even God had turned away from us. This is the Psalm Jesus quotes on the cross in his deepest hour of need. Feeling alone is a deeply human feeling. Even Jesus, being fully human, felt like abandoned and alone. We want human companionship and when we are hurting, it becomes easy for us to believe we are completely and utterly alone. When we feel like this we need to let those around us know how we feel. They cannot know how we are feeling unless we tell them. When we do so we might find we are not as alone as we thought. We can also cry out to God. Let God know how we are feeling. Perhaps even in the calling we will discover how close God truly is to us in our hurting, in our pain and in our loneliness.

Thing to Think on
Is it easy for you to call out to God when you are hurting or upset?
How honest are you with God when it comes to your feelings?
Have you ever felt the way the Psalmist feels in this Psalm?
Tell God how you are feeling right now? Are you happy? Are you sad? Are you fearful? Are you lonely? Be honest. Tell God exactly how it is.


A Prayer for Today
Lord, help me to be honest with you. Jesus was honest with you. Jesus let you know that he felt like even you had abandoned him. Sometimes you feel so far away. I feel as if I am facing the most difficult things in life alone, without your, without your comfort. Help me to trust you even when I am unsure of your presence. Help me to turn to even when I cannot see you. Help me to know what my feelings tell me is not so. Help me to know you are always here, with me, at all times, through all things.  - Amen

x

No comments:

Post a Comment