Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Manna For Today: Psalm 20



Psalm 20:1-9
Key Verse: 20:5
“May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the Lord answer all your prayers.”

The Psalmist seems to be speaking directly to us; rejoicing when our prayers are being answered; shouting for joy over our victories. Yesterday we thought about what it would mean for us if we rejoiced when others are blessed. Today we get to turn that same idea on its head. When all of us are rejoicing over the victories of others, that means we too are being rejoiced over. When we learn to rejoice for others, other will join us in rejoicing and everyone’s blessings, everyone’s victories, when each one’s prayers are answered, including our own, are rejoiced over. Learning to rejoice for others, in the end brings joy into our lives. Let us rejoice for one another. Come let us rejoice together, because God is good. God is good to you and God is good to me.

Thing to Think on
How did rejoicing for the blessing of others change your perspective yesterday?
Did it occur to you that if you rejoice for others, that someone may also be rejoicing for you?
Is it easier to rejoice for others, when you know they too may be rejoicing for you?

A Prayer for Today
Lord, help me to rejoice for all the good in the world. For the good done for others, for the ways theirs lives are blessed. Let me so fill my world with rejoicing for others, not so that I too may be rejoiced over, but knowing that giving joy away, fills my world with joy and will be so immersed in it my life can not help but be shaped and changed by the joy I have for others and the joy they have for me.  – Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment