Monday, July 20, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 43

Psalm 43:1-8

Key Verses: 3

“Send your light and truth—those will guide me! Let them bring me to your holy mountain, to your dwelling place.” CEB

 

Guidance is something we all need at different times in our lives. Throughout our life it is vital to have others who are willing to help us along, show us the ropes, and instruct us on the right way to do things, or give us wisdom as we make decisions. As Christians this is also vital. We need Godly guidance and Godly advice. Part of our relationship with God is to be seeking God’s guidance as we make our way through each day, to allow God to show us the ways we can work to be become more Christ-like in our thoughts, our words,  our deeds and in all our interactions with other people. As we seek God’s guidance through scripture reading, and through listening to God in prayer, we should not forget to listen to and follow the example of other Christians God has placed in our lives to do just this. God often sends pastors, mentor, and Godly friends into our lives to help us along, to guide us, give us advice and to encourage to be the people we are called to be. None of us is so mature of a Christians that we can not take guidance from our fellow Christians. Part of being the people God is calling us to be is continually growing, continually changing, continually working to better reflect the love of Christ and the character of God, to always be becoming better image bearers.

 

Thing to Think on

How might you seek God’s guidance today?

Who in your life might God be using to be a light and to show you God’s truth?

How is God guiding you today? In what ways can you work to better reflect Christ in all you do, in your attitudes, relationships, and actions today?

 

 

A Prayer for Today

Lord, I come to you seeking guidance. Help me to be humble enough to accept it. To hear your voice when you speak to me. Help me to recognize you voice in the voice of others. Help me to know you are finished with me yet. There is always a way I can become a better reflection of you. Show me, teach me. Help me to be humble enough to hear and to listen. – Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment