Monday, August 2, 2021

Manna for Today: Psalm 85

 


Psalm 85:1-13

Key Verse: 6-7

“Won’t you bring us back to life again so that your people can rejoice in you? Show us your faithful love, Lord! Give us your salvation!” CEB

My daughter is good with plants. She will find a plant, someone has given up on and set out on the curb thinking that it is done for. She will bring it in, take care of it and with love, care, the right amount of Sun and water, she can bring it back to life. In this Psalm we are that plant and we are asking God to bring us back to life. We desire for God to show us the loving kindness, which can only be found in and through God. We cry out for God’s faithfulness, and provision. We need God to gives us what we need so we can live again, so we can be restored to fullness, life and growth.

If we choose to turn to God, God will turn to us. In fact, when we turn to God, we will find God is already turning toward us, reaching out to us, abandoned, lost, left to along the roadside by grief, hardship, pain or even just the overwhelming struggle of day to day life. God will bring us home, put us in the window.  God will provide us with exactly what we need to flourish and grow.  When we choose to turn to God in the midst of it all we will always find that God is there already, giving us what we need to bring light in to the dark places of our lives, redeeming the pain and sorrow we have experienced, restoring us so we can flourish and grow again.

A Prayer for Today

Lord God, I am so tired.  Sometimes I feel life has drained the life out of me. I am withered, sun scorched and dry. I am come to you today, in all my hurt, in all my pain, with all my struggles, with the monotony and dullness of this day, desiring the restoration on you can bring. As I turn to you let me see you at work with your faithfulness, your love, your care and your provision. Let me know your redemption and your salvation. Let me grow again. Let me flourish in your light and your love. - Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment