Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Parent Poems


These are poems several friends and I wrote this morning when we all should have been doing other things. Amused us perhaps they will amuse you.

Daughter Song
oh how sweet is the melodious
sound of my daughter's voice
rising from the basement
in the refined timber of a whine

Kaza Fraley

Screwdriver
my son was beating my duaghter
over the head with his toy screwdriver
yesterday
Chris Lyons

haiku:
plastic screwdriver
pounding katie's head with rage
Micah in Time Out


Chris Lyons

Hippopotamus
Some haikus make sense
Others however do not
hippopotamus.
Mike Fraley


No I Can't
No I can't do it
no magic wand have I to
create a potty
::applauds mike::
Chris Lyons

GOLDFISH
I WANT SOME GOLDFISH!
is that the right way to ask?
I WANT GOLDFISH! please?

Chris Lyons


For Mike
I scream
I scream
I scream
I want
I scream
I don't get what I want
Perhaps the same action will create a different result this time
I scream
Kaza Fraley

Who?
curtain on the floor
nobody knows why its there
i guess it fell, dad

Chris Lyons

Opiates
Sing song rhymes
Cars
The Cat Returns
Strawberry Shortcake
Finding Nemo
Opiates for preschoolers
They sit they stare
They are not in your hair
Kaza Fraley

No comments:

Post a Comment