Monday, October 19, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 59

 


Psalm 59:1-17

Key Verse: 59:4b

“Get up when I cry out to you! Look at what’s happening!” CEB

Sometimes our enemies which may not be living people who are lying in wait ready to ambush or destroy. Yet, even so we can understand a cry to God to be rescued, to be relieved from all that which assails, all that is seeking to move against us. Unlike David, we may not face people who are out to destroy, but we often come face to face with the voices of self-doubt and personal insecurities. We face the real enemies within ourselves, which seek to take away our joy. We cry out with the Psalmist, asking God to get up, to pay attention to look and see, and respond; to speak to us in a way we can truly understand, to assure us, comfort us, to come to us when we are most desperate and bring relief to the pain and the hurt. When we are drowning in our own failure, in our own doubts and confusion, it is easy to wonder where God is in the middle of it all.

 

Things to Think on

 

What in your life is assailing you right now? Have you ever felt ambushed?

Does it feel like God does not see? That God is not paying attention?

What would it mean for you to be rescued from all that is coming against you right now?

Call out to God. Ask God to save you, to give you shelter and protection in the middle all that you face today.

 

A Prayer for Today

Lord, God. I feel alone. I feel as if I am surrounded on all sides, as if there is no direction I can go and be safe. I am bombarded by the voices inside and the circumstances of life which surround. I need you today. I need your love. I need your peace. I need your strength. I need you today. I need you everyday. Help me to never feel as if you as “sitting this one out.” Help me to see you at work in my life strengthening me, giving me your peace, your love your security. I want to rely on you for these things each and every day, in all things. You are the Lord, my God I know I can rely on you, to trust you in all things at all times. Be God to me today. – Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment