Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 60

 


Psalm 60:1-12

Key Verse: 60:1a,5

“God, you have rejected us—shattered us. Now restore us! Save us by your power and answer us so that the people you love might be rescued.” CEB

     How many of us feel broken right now? Shattered? Even rejected? It the midst of all that is going on all around it is easy to conclude that God has not only abandoned us, but rejected us, turned away from us, will not listen to or heed our cries. We are tired, we are weary, we are over stretched. It is all too much. Too much! We need to find rest. We need God to turn to us, to rescue us. “Come to our aid,” we cry. “Give us your peace!”  “Let us know the gentleness of your love.” “Give us the shelter we need.” “Restore us, strengthen us.” “You are our God. It is you whom we love, turn to us in your love and gather us unto you, let us come into your presence and know that which only you can provide. There is none other who can give us what it is we desire.” In your power, with the strength of your right hand, answer the cries of your people who love you, rescue us!”

 

Things to Think on

 

What overwhelms you today?

In what ways do you feel shattered or broken?

Does it seem to you that God has turned away from you, from those you love, from the circumstances in this world which threaten to tear apart and destroy?

Call out to God. Tell God to come back to you. To hear your voice, to heed your cry. Cry out to God to rescue you. God will hear you, even when it seems God is blind to our pain, and deaf to our cries, God hears, God will turn to you who love God and rescue you.

 

A Prayer for Today

Oh God! See me today. See me in my brokenness. I am shattered, I am torn apart. I am worn thin. I feel as if there is not much left of me. I am weary of all that wars within and all that wars without. The chaos of the world is echoed in my own soul. Be my calm. Be my peace. I am adrift in a stormy me sea. Rescue me. Part the storm, if the storm cannot be parted send me a life raft, if there is not life raft, give me the strength to stay above water and the trust to know you will not let me drown. Rescue me. Without you I will be lost in it all. Without you I am already done. Come to me now, let me see you and know it is your strength which carries me. I put my trust in you, I know you have not forsaken me.– Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment