Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Manna for Today: Psalm 78

 


Psalm 78:1-77

Key Verse: 1-2

“Listen, my people, to my teaching; tilt your ears toward the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth with a proverb.” CEB

We have before us today Psalm which recounts the history of God with the people of Israel up until the reign of David. It begins with an invitation to listen. In Romans Paul reminds us that someone is unable to have faith unless they have heard. Faith cannot to those who have not experienced Jesus for themselves, unless we share what God has done. Those of us who have seen, who have heard, who have experienced the love and grace of God ourselves must be willing to join the Psalmist in recounting what we know for all those who will hear. We too must proclaim the goodness, the greatness, the grace, the mercy and the forgiveness of God and live out its truth in our lives. Let us be a voice like John the Baptist proclaiming the goodness of gospel. And when we hear the truth proclaimed by others, such as the Psalmist let us rejoice together in knowing we serve a good God who works with people and draws people into true relationship. God desires to know us as we learn to know God.

 

A Prayer for Today

God of grace and power, of mercy and love, help me to see you today. Help me to know you in my life. Help me to see you at work I my life. Help me to hear the truth of who you are as it is proclaimed by those who love you and have experienced you at work. Let me join with them in their proclamation. Let me share the truth of your character with my actions as well as my words. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment