Thursday, April 2, 2020

Manna for Today: Psalm 143


Key Verse: 143:5-6
“I remember the days long past; I meditate on all your deeds; I contemplate your handiwork. I stretch out my hands to you; my whole being is like dry dirt, thirsting for you.”CEV

I remember the days . . . Remembering is a way to be able to trust God when the events of life are difficult.  When we remember the good God has done we are able to better trust the good God will do. While we are going through “dark valleys;” when the sorrow and grief overwhelm us, when we feel like the struggle we are going through right now feel as if it will never end. We can focus on the good of the past, and remember that God is good, even when life is not good. And in the place we are right now we can thirst for the goodness of God. We can tell God how dry we feel, how lost, how abandoned. We can tell God, I trust you, but right now it is hard. God sees our struggle. God understands our grief and our pain. God is at work weaving good things in the midst of the darkness. The dawn will come, the dry ground will know water once more. Right now trust in the Lord, and remember. . . .
Thing to Think on
How do you feel today?  What do you need from God today?
Let God what you need today. Tell God how you are feeling.
Can you count your Blessings today? What are the good things in your life?
Is it easier to trust God when you focus on the good things God has done?
Try to spend time remembering the goodness of God today. Make a list.

A Prayer for Today
Lord, I am scared. I am tired. I am hurting. I am lost. There are so many ways the darkness of this world is overwhelming me. I need you today. I need your love, I need your mercy, I need your kindness, your strength, your comfort and your support. Help me to remember how you have been all these thing and more for me in the past. Help me to see your goodness of the past, so that I can trust you right now to bring me to goodness in the future. Lord, I trust you, but right now it is hard. - Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment